What an exciting match. Probably the best world cup cricket match ever.
Some thoughts on the super over and it’s regulations. These are just personal musings.
1. If there is a tie after the superover, the official result should be a tie. This I feel is the best option.
2. The next best option is probably to have one more over.
3. Boundaries are the easiest part of an ODI. I don’t think this should be the basis of choosing the world champions. The following are much more difficult and could be the basis for choosing a winner, rather than boundaries (ICC often forgets that there are bowlers in cricket)
- Dot balls are the most difficult and would be my first choice to choose the winner.
- No. of wickets taken is also a good option.
- If you choose runs, I feel it’s better to choose number of runs scored by actually running, rather than boundaries.
Anyway, I doubt the ICC will ever look at that!
Here are the official highlights.